Bodley’s last church, built 1901-1906 and just behind the Royal Albert Hall. He designed the reredos, altar, stalls, font and pulpit. There is also a monument to him designed by E.P. Warren in 1910. The glass is by Burlison & Grylls.
High on the ridge above Kensington, an 1864 church by “rogue” architect Enoch Bassett Keeling. It has lost its spire and apse but the iron columns and some of the polychrome brickwork have been re exposed in recent times. The rear two bays of the nave are partitioned off for offices and a hall space.
Built to designs of J.M. McCulloch in 1869 as a Scottish Presbyterian church but sold to the Coptic Church in 1975.
Replacing the old church, a large building of 1868-72 by George Gilbert Scott, the tower and spire added 1872-79. The church was bombed in WW2 and received a new ceiling by Romilly Craze in 1955, much of the glass by Clayton & Bell survived although the backgrounds in the aisles and clerestory have been removed.
The second Gunter Estate church by the Godwins from 1867-70. It is now St Mellitus Theological College.
The first Gunter Estate church by George Godwin, dating from 1849-50.
Now an evangelical plant from Holy Trinity Brompton. It was designed by James Edmeston 1859-60.
By C.J. Freake 1866-67, built for the Church of England but an Armenian Apostolic Orthodox church since 1975.
The centre of the evangelical movement in Anglicanism, right behind the Brompton Oratory. It dates from 1826-29 and is by T.L. Donaldson. The chancel was added by Arthur Blomfield in 1879-82.
Originally an Anglican church of 1848-49 by Lewis Vulliamy. The tower was added in 1870. It is now a Russian Orthodox cathedral.