Replacing the old church, a large building of 1868-72 by George Gilbert Scott, the tower and spire added 1872-79. The church was bombed in WW2 and received a new ceiling by Romilly Craze in 1955, much of the glass by Clayton & Bell survived although the backgrounds in the aisles and clerestory have been removed.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.