Despite being less than 2 miles north of Heathrow Airport there is still a village atmosphere around this church. The churchyard is full of yew trees making a good view difficult. The nave and aisles are basically 12th century, the chancel dates from 1396-98, the north chapel 14th century and the upper part of the tower is 16th century. Unfortunately the Norman south doorway is not visible as it is covered by a locked porch.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Chapel (former), Mount Vernon Hospital, Rickmansworth Road, Northwood
- Christ the King, Balham High Road, Balham (Polish Roman Catholic)
- St Luke, Alpha Grove, Millwall, Isle of Dogs
- St Augustine (Former), Lillie Road, Fulham (Demolished, former Mission Church now a Day Nursery)
- St Barnabas, High Road, North Finchley, N12 8QJ