Despite being less than 2 miles north of Heathrow Airport there is still a village atmosphere around this church. The churchyard is full of yew trees making a good view difficult. The nave and aisles are basically 12th century, the chancel dates from 1396-98, the north chapel 14th century and the upper part of the tower is 16th century. Unfortunately the Norman south doorway is not visible as it is covered by a locked porch.
Home » Harmondsworth » St Mary, Harmondsworth
St Mary, Harmondsworth
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- A Church Near You (CofE)
- Churches of Britain and Ireland
- Ecclesiological Society
- Essex Churches
- Greater London Churches – Flickr group
- Hertfordshire Churches
- Historic Churches of Greater London Facebook Group
- London Historians
- London Historians' Blog
- Lost Churches of London – Facebook Group
- National Churches Trust
- South London Church Reviews
- Southwark Diocese church finder
- St Thomas’ Hospital Chapel, Westminster Bridge Road, Waterloo
- Tyburn Convent Chapel (Shrine of the Sacred Heart and Tyburn Martyrs), Hyde Park Place, Bayswater Road, Bayswater (Roman Catholic)
- Kings Cross Church, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross
- Chapel, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Holborn
- Oratory of St Philip Neri (Brompton Oratory), Brompton Road, Kensington (Roman Catholic)
By zoothorn in Harmondsworth, London Borough of Hillingdon on .