A short walk from Penge East station. The church was designed by E.F. Clarke and built in 1878, with the spire added in 1883. Following refurbishment in 1980 there was an arson attack in 1993 which led to a rebuilding and reopening in 1997. The sanctuary is now unroofed and used as a prayer garden, the body of the church was divided in two with the western end becoming hall space, the whole with new roofs. The aisle space towards the west is now offices and ancillary rooms. The fire exposed small areas of the original Victorian painted decoration.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- St David’s Home Chapel, Castlebar Hill, Ealing, W5 1TE
- Botwell Misson Hall, Golden Crescent, Hayes (Former) now housing
- Cathedral of St Mary (Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church Of The East), Westminster Road, Hanwell
- St John the Divine (Former), Bedford Hill, Balham now Burlington School of English.
- Grail Community Chapel (former), Waxwell Lane, Pinner now SPEC Retreat Chapel (Roman Catholic)