A typical large J.S. Alder church of 1912-14. The interior has been split with the west end converted to offices and rooms. A western balcony was built over them facing into the church. The photos below were taken with the church set up for a toddler group, rather than worship. In late 2018 the church moved to a former office block, Solar House, on North Finchley High Road and this building is being (March 2020) converted to housing (see lowest images).
|March 2020 conversion to housing|
Sad loss of a distinguished building now converted into rather tacky-looking flats.
Are there graves beneath?
Are there graves beneath this building?
Burial under church buildings was discontinued in the early 19th century, well before St Barnabas was built