This was a small mission church in the Botwell area of Hayes, which was some way from the medieval parish church. The rapid growth of Botwell rendered it too small and it was replaced by a tin tabernacle in 1913 in Hayes town centre. The current church of St Anselm which opened in 1929, then replaced that building. In 1932 Middlesex County Council adapted and extended the building as Hayes Library which closed in 2010 being replaced by a new library. The gothic windows were replaced, the bellcote removed and three bays and a new porch added at the west end.