All Saints, Church Road, Isleworth
The old village parish church right by the River Thames. However only the 15th century tower and 1706 nave outer wall remain as the church was seriously damaged in arson attack in 1943. The church of 1967-70 by Michael Blee sits where the old chancel was, the nave being a courtyard with the aisle spaces filled with small rooms. There is a small Joshua chapel just inside the church (used as buggy store on my visit)

































Sacred Heart, Quex Road, Kilburn (Roman Catholic)
A short way off the High Road this is a large church of 1879 by Pugin and Pugin. They added an eastward extension in 1898-99 and it was further extended this way in 1964-65 by F.G. Broadbent and Partners who also added the south transept and considerably widened the south aisle. The west porch was added in 1959 by Gordon and Gordon
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
St Mary Magdalene, Munster Square, Euston
One of the earliest scholarly gothic revival churches. A short way west of Euston and north of Euston Road, it dates from 1849-52 and was designed by R.C. Carpenter, with the south aisle added in 1883-84 by his son R.H. Carpenter. The chancel decoration is by Daniel Bell and Richard Almond, the reredos was added by Charles Nicholson in 1935 and the rood by J.T. Micklethwaite. The great east window is by Hardman to Pugin designs, though much restored.
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
St John, Church Row, Hampstead
This building replaced the old church in 1745-47 and was designed by John Sanderson, upper parts of the tower added in 1759 by Samuel Steemson. Transepts were added in 1834 by Robert Hesketh. The church was reorientated and a chancel added in 1877-78 by F.P. Cockerell. (The tower is at the east end and the chancel at the west)
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |














































































































































































