A medieval church that has undergone many restorations, the last being 1875-76 by Ewan Christian and A. Blomfield , 1883 (tower top) by T. Chatfield Clarke and 1992 after IRA bombing blew out much glass. In 2012 it was reordered with new flooring and westward rooms as it is now used as a meeting venue by the St Helen’s Bishopsgate organisation.
On a crossroads west of Stamford Hill. It dates from 1883-84 and is an A.W.Blomfield design. The interior features an almost complete decorative scheme by Heaton, Butler & Bayne.
An early A.W. Blomfield church of 1877. The unusual tower crowns a hill. Church website
Difficult to view clearly, a church of 1864 by A.W. Blomfield with a south aisle added in 1874 and a north aisle in 1912 by J. Stockdale
An early church by A.W. Blomfield, 1861, the nave, chancel and north aisle, 1867 south aisle, 1873 tower and spire, 1881 west porch, 1906 north aisle enlarged by W.A. Pite.
Down a small lane opposite Cockfosters tube station, a Commissioners style church of 1839 by H.E. Kendall. The eastern parts and north aisle were added by Arthur Blomfield in 1898.
Hidden in backstreets and very evangelical. Dating from 1902 and designed by Sir Arthur Blomfield and Son. The east wall was added in 1959 by Humphreys and Hirst.
Close to Whipps Cross hospital and right next to a southern extension of Epping Forest. A large church of 1887-92 by Sir Arthur Blomfield. Inside the nave’s western three bays have been divided off to create a hall area. Much of the stained glass is interesting arts and crafts work by Margaret Chilton, added over a long period during the first half of the 20th century.
A large church at one end of the modern Chingford town centre. The nave is by Lewis Vulliamy and dates from 1844. The east end was added in 1903 by Sir Arthur Blomfield & Sons, with a south chapel of 1936 by N.F. Cachemaile-Day.
A large church near Woodgrange Park Station. It was built in 1886 and designed by A.W. Blomfield. It is now (November 2017) threatened with demolition.