Home » Camberwell
Category Archives: Camberwell
The chancel, nave eastern end and south chancel aisle are by R. Norman saw from 1879-1884. The western end, that is visible from Coburg Road, dates from 1932. It closed as a church in 1965 and was in various uses until it became the New Peckham Mosque in 1980. It is on the edge of the late 20th century Burgess Park.
Alongside the road with a spacious but cleared churchyard behind. This is an early Scott and Moffat church from 1844, it replaced a church that burnt down in 1841. It is one of the earliest large scholarly gothic revival churches. There are several brasses and the sedilla from the previous church. The south transept has late Comper glass and the great east window which survived wartime bombing is by Ward and Nixon to designs by John Ruskin (a rare example of a design by him) and Edmund Oldfield.
One of the newest Anglican churches in London. It replaces a church of 1974 by T.F. Ford that was a short way further down the road. It was built as part of the redevelopment of ARK All Saints Academy. A tall concrete tower at the street front marks out a brick building alongside and behind. The building dates from 2014
Replacing the now disused church of 1824. This is a small church in the much large Trinity College Centre. It dates from 1982 and is by Millard Wright and Wynn. The crucifix is by Martin Travers and the new glass is by Michael Haig. There are a few items from the now-closed St George a short way away.