In a former Welsh Calvinistic Methodist chapel near the Seven Sisters Road/Hornsey Road junction. The church was built in 1873 and designed by A.G. Hennell. Church website
The church of the former St John’s Priory. The building has been much changed over the years and is no longer a parish church, but forms part of the Order of St John Museum. The church is a rebuilding of 1721-23 of the chancel of the priory, itself rebuilt in 1955-58 by Seeley and Paget after war damage. Below it is the crypt which was built in two stages, the west end is mid 12th century and the east end and transepts date from about 1185. It was restored in 1900-01 and 1904-07 by John Oldrid Scott.
A subterranean church, accessed by a flight of stairs down from the street and not physically in Bunhill Row itself, though a large painted sign on the former school above points to it. It dates from 1901, architect unknown.
A hall that replaced St Luke, Old street in 1977, designed by Biscoe and Stanton and not now in use as an anglican church and is currently being offered for rent.
Built in 1826 to designs by Thomas Hardwick, it was damaged in WW2 and reopened in 1954 after repairs by Norman Haines.
Started in 1860 to designs by S.S. Teulon but completed in 1863 by E.P. Loftus Brock, the chancel was added in 1884 by William White. In 2009 it was re-roofed using solar tiles. The reredos and Stations of the Cross are by Michael Coles.
Originally built for the Countess of Huntingdon’s Connexion in 1835, it was bought by the Roman Catholic church in 1847.
An eccentric exterior by Inwood and Clifton 1837-1839. The interior was rebuilt by A Llewellyn-Smith within the old walls in 1957-58. The main feature is the martyrdom of St Stephen by Brian Thomas. The interior was being set up for filming when I visited.
Since 1997 a Steiner School, the church was designed by Charles Barry 1826-28.
By A.D. Gough from 1855, with the chancel, aisles and clerestory added in 1871 by Edwin Clare.