Home » Scott and Moffat
Category Archives: Scott and Moffat
Alongside the road with a spacious but cleared churchyard behind. This is an early Scott and Moffat church from 1844, it replaced a church that burnt down in 1841. It is one of the earliest large scholarly gothic revival churches. There are several brasses and the sedilla from the previous church. The south transept has late Comper glass and the great east window which survived wartime bombing is by Ward and Nixon to designs by John Ruskin (a rare example of a design by him) and Edmund Oldfield.
Set in the middle of Turnham Green a little way off the main road, this is an early Gilbert Scott building, in fact by Scott and Moffatt and dating from 1841-43. A longer chancel was added by James Brooks in 1887. The nave interior has been divided in two with only the chancel retaining older furnishings.