This is one of Nicholas Hawksmoor’s great east London churches built 1714-1729. It closed in 1957 and fell into dereliction and under threat of demolition. However, campaigns to save it began and the building was restored and brought back into use as a church between 1987 and 2004. Subsequently, the crypt (final four images) has also been restored to provide halls, offices and a cafe. It is close to Liverpool Street Station behind Spitalfields market.