High on a ridge above the town centre and visible from a long way off. The interior is unusual as it is a double naved church with a chancel lined up 50/50 with each nave so the arcade dies into the apex of the chancel arch. The building is Norman with much 15th century enlargement and a restoration of 1862 by J.Clarke.The stained glass is mainly of 1953-55 by Hugh Easton.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.