There are two St Stephens.The old church sits on an island site. The chancel nave and south aisle date from 1875-76 and were designed by J. Ashdown. In 1880 A. Rovedino extended the south aisle and added a south transept. The landmark tower and spire were added by Arthur Blomfield in 1891. It was converted to flats in 1985-87. In replacement a parish centre was added to the early 20th century church hall over the road, this was designed by I.Goldsmid in 1986. The old church hall is now the worship area.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- St John the Divine (Former), Bedford Hill, Balham now Burlington School of English.
- Grail Community Chapel (former), Waxwell Lane, Pinner now SPEC Retreat Chapel (Roman Catholic)
- Gray’s Inn Chapel, Gray’s Inn, Holborn
- Kings College Chapel, The Strand, Westminster
- Lincoln’s Inn Chapel, Lincoln’s Inn, Holborn