A landmark on Blackheath as it is surrounded on all sides by the heath with no separation at all. It was designed by Benjamin Ferrey and built 1857-1867. The porch and vestries were added in 1890 and 1899 by A.W. Blomfield. Many windows were blown out in WW2 leaving a light interior. The screen is a WW1 memorial.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- St David’s Home Chapel, Castlebar Hill, Ealing, W5 1TE
- Botwell Misson Hall, Golden Crescent, Hayes (Former) now housing
- Cathedral of St Mary (Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church Of The East), Westminster Road, Hanwell
- St John the Divine (Former), Bedford Hill, Balham now Burlington School of English.
- Grail Community Chapel (former), Waxwell Lane, Pinner now SPEC Retreat Chapel (Roman Catholic)