Part of the Queen Mary block of the hospital, it is a major work planned by Christopher Wren but construction was delayed and dates from 1735-1743. The chapel is entered up a high curved staircase from an entrance area that contains most of the monuments in the chapel. The interior was severely fire damaged and rebuilt by James Stuart in 1779-1789 in his Greek style.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- St David’s Home Chapel, Castlebar Hill, Ealing, W5 1TE
- Botwell Misson Hall, Golden Crescent, Hayes (Former) now housing
- Cathedral of St Mary (Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church Of The East), Westminster Road, Hanwell
- St John the Divine (Former), Bedford Hill, Balham now Burlington School of English.
- Grail Community Chapel (former), Waxwell Lane, Pinner now SPEC Retreat Chapel (Roman Catholic)