This is the chapel of the world-famous children’s hospital in central London. The chapel was designed by Edward Barry in 1876 as part of the original buildings. It was moved in 1994 to be next to new buildings from 1991-1993. It is richly decorated with marble, alabaster, wall paintings and stained glass by Clayton & Bell, all combine to create a stunning miniature church. It cannot be seen from outside the hospital but is behind and to the left of the main reception.
Chapel, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Holborn
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Kings Cross Church, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross
- Chapel, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Holborn
- Oratory of St Philip Neri (Brompton Oratory), Brompton Road, Kensington (Roman Catholic)
- Christ Church, 18 Montpelier Place, Knightsbridge (German Lutheran Church)
- St Mary with St George, Sandwich Street, St Pancras (German Lutheran Church)