This is the chapel of the world-famous children’s hospital in central London. The chapel was designed by Edward Barry in 1876 as part of the original buildings. It was moved in 1994 to be next to new buildings from 1991-1993. It is richly decorated with marble, alabaster, wall paintings and stained glass by Clayton & Bell, all combine to create a stunning miniature church. It cannot be seen from outside the hospital but is behind and to the left of the main reception.
Home » Barry, E.M. » Chapel, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Holborn
Chapel, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Holborn
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- A Church Near You (CofE)
- Churches of Britain and Ireland
- Ecclesiological Society
- Essex Churches
- Greater London Churches – Flickr group
- Hertfordshire Churches
- Historic Churches of Greater London Facebook Group
- London Historians
- London Historians' Blog
- Lost Churches of London – Facebook Group
- National Churches Trust
- South London Church Reviews
- Southwark Diocese church finder
- Rivergate Church, Minter Road, Barking Reach, Barking
- St Luke’s Chapel, Kings College Hospital, Denmark Hill
- St Thomas’ Hospital Chapel, Westminster Bridge Road, Waterloo
- Tyburn Convent Chapel (Shrine of the Sacred Heart and Tyburn Martyrs), Hyde Park Place, Bayswater Road, Bayswater (Roman Catholic)
- Kings Cross Church, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross
By zoothorn in Barry, E.M., Holborn, Hospital Chapel, London Borough of Camden on .
← Oratory of St Philip Neri (Brompton Oratory), Brompton Road, Kensington (Roman Catholic) Kings Cross Church, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross →