Now part of a park on the lower slopes of an extensive woodland above the suburb of Abbey Wood. These are the remains, mainly footings but with some higher walls from the Chapter House and other buildings of an Augustinian Abbey started in 1178 and suppressed in 1525.
Home » Abbey Wood » Lesnes Abbey (Ruin), Park Road, Abbey Wood
Lesnes Abbey (Ruin), Park Road, Abbey Wood
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- A Church Near You (CofE)
- Churches of Britain and Ireland
- Ecclesiological Society
- Essex Churches
- Greater London Churches – Flickr group
- Hertfordshire Churches
- Historic Churches of Greater London Facebook Group
- London Historians
- London Historians' Blog
- Lost Churches of London – Facebook Group
- National Churches Trust
- South London Church Reviews
- Southwark Diocese church finder
By zoothorn in Abbey Wood, London Borough of Bexley on .