A prominent landmark on Green Lanes, the church was designed by John Oldrid Scott and was built 1903-1909. There is a wealth of post first world war Morris & Co glass, the east window by J.H. Dearle being particularly striking. There are more recent windows by Godard & Gibbs and a notable one of 1918 by Frank Salisbury.
St John the Evangelist, Palmers Green
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- St David’s Home Chapel, Castlebar Hill, Ealing, W5 1TE
- Botwell Misson Hall, Golden Crescent, Hayes (Former) now housing
- Cathedral of St Mary (Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church Of The East), Westminster Road, Hanwell
- St John the Divine (Former), Bedford Hill, Balham now Burlington School of English.
- Grail Community Chapel (former), Waxwell Lane, Pinner now SPEC Retreat Chapel (Roman Catholic)