On a prominent corner site on the border of Bow and Bethnal Green. It was built in 1865 as a non conformist chapel but acquired by the Church of England in 1870. It was designed by William Wigginton. In the second world war it was bombed out and rebuilt within the original walls in 1957 to the designs of J. Antony Lewis..
St Barnabas, Grove Road, Bethnal Green
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.