In a large , leafy churchyard, some of which produces commercial income for the church as a car park. The church is by Francis Edwards and dates from 1824-26. Most of the furnishings are 20th century, the remarkable ceiling being by J.A. Reeve and created 1902-14.
St John the Baptist, New North Road, Hoxton
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Tyburn Convent Chapel (Shrine of the Sacred Heart and Tyburn Martyrs), Hyde Park Place, Bayswater Road, Bayswater (Roman Catholic)
- Kings Cross Church, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross
- Chapel, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Holborn
- Oratory of St Philip Neri (Brompton Oratory), Brompton Road, Kensington (Roman Catholic)
- Christ Church, 18 Montpelier Place, Knightsbridge (German Lutheran Church)