Set on a hillside in a leafy churchyard not too far from the station. This is a church of 1871-72 by Habershon and Pite. Originally the tower was at the west end of the nave but a few years after completion it was taken down, the nave extended a few feet westwards and the tower added to the south-west corner. There is a complex of halls and offices added over various dates on the north side.
Christ Church, Lubbock Road, Chislehurst
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Tyburn Convent Chapel (Shrine of the Sacred Heart and Tyburn Martyrs), Hyde Park Place, Bayswater Road, Bayswater (Roman Catholic)
- Kings Cross Church, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross
- Chapel, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Holborn
- Oratory of St Philip Neri (Brompton Oratory), Brompton Road, Kensington (Roman Catholic)
- Christ Church, 18 Montpelier Place, Knightsbridge (German Lutheran Church)