At the northern end of the town centre. This was built as St Michael’s C of E church in 1913 by J.T. Lee, with a west end added by Caroe and Passmore in 1924-25. The tower was added in 1960 by James Barrington-Baker. Shared by a Greek Orthodox congregation from 1970 it was closed as an Anglican church in 1979.