The original building was by A.W.N. Pugin and dated from 1841-48, but was under-financed and never completed to Pugin’s vision. However WW2 brought severe damage leaving only the aisle walls and east end, the rest is a post-war rebuilding by Romilly Craze from 1953 to 1966. Some Pugin fittings survive in the Blessed Sacrament chapel and the Knill chantry is by E.W. Pugin. Craze’s design added a clerestory and a new Lady Chapel.