Serving the southern part of the Dulwich college estate this is a church of 1867-1875 by Banks and Barry (Charles Barry junior). The western bays of the nave being added after the completion of the rest of the church, these attached the tower which had been freestanding to the rest of the building. It required restoration after WW2 damage, however, the 1872 painting of the trial and stoning of St Stephen by Sir Ernest Poynter survived.
St Stephen, College Road, South Dulwich
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- St David’s Home Chapel, Castlebar Hill, Ealing, W5 1TE
- Botwell Misson Hall, Golden Crescent, Hayes (Former) now housing
- Cathedral of St Mary (Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church Of The East), Westminster Road, Hanwell
- St John the Divine (Former), Bedford Hill, Balham now Burlington School of English.
- Grail Community Chapel (former), Waxwell Lane, Pinner now SPEC Retreat Chapel (Roman Catholic)