The ancient parish church of Plumstead, some way from the modern centre but pleasantly set on the edge of a ridge with a green separating it from the main road. The west and south walls of the present south aisle (once the nave) and the south transept are medieval. The north aisle (now the nave) was rebuilt in 1818. In 1867-1868 C.H. Cooke restored the building before a large new north aisle and chancel were added in 1907-1908 by Greenaway and Newberry. The brick west tower was constructed in 1662-1664. After WW2 damage the church was restored in 1959 by T.F. Ford and Partners.