The original Purley parish church on the main road in the valley. It is by James Fowler and dates from 1877-78. In recent years a large extension of halls, offices and other rooms has been attached with the church now entered through a bay in its north aisle wall. Inside the orientation has been moved to be southwards with the chancel seated as an extension of the main worship area.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Tyburn Convent Chapel (Shrine of the Sacred Heart and Tyburn Martyrs), Hyde Park Place, Bayswater Road, Bayswater (Roman Catholic)
- Kings Cross Church, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross
- Chapel, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Holborn
- Oratory of St Philip Neri (Brompton Oratory), Brompton Road, Kensington (Roman Catholic)
- Christ Church, 18 Montpelier Place, Knightsbridge (German Lutheran Church)