A college of the University of London. The chapel is entered from within the college buildings. The original building was by Robert Smirke and built in 1829-1831, however, it was drastically reconstructed by G.G. Scott in 1861-1864 with further decoration throughout the rest of the 19th-century. A restoration of 2000 by Inskip & Jenkins reversed mid 20th-century decorative changes and returned it to its 19th-century appearance. The glass was added at the 2000 restoration and is by Joseph A Nuttgens.
Kings College Chapel, The Strand, Westminster
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.