A college of the University of London. The chapel is entered from within the college buildings. The original building was by Robert Smirke and built in 1829-1831, however, it was drastically reconstructed by G.G. Scott in 1861-1864 with further decoration throughout the rest of the 19th-century. A restoration of 2000 by Inskip & Jenkins reversed mid 20th-century decorative changes and returned it to its 19th-century appearance. The glass was added at the 2000 restoration and is by Joseph A Nuttgens.
Kings College Chapel, The Strand, Westminster
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- St John the Divine (Former), Bedford Hill, Balham now Burlington School of English.
- Grail Community Chapel (former), Waxwell Lane, Pinner now SPEC Retreat Chapel (Roman Catholic)
- Gray’s Inn Chapel, Gray’s Inn, Holborn
- Kings College Chapel, The Strand, Westminster
- Lincoln’s Inn Chapel, Lincoln’s Inn, Holborn