The ancient parish church of Merton, in a large churchyard in the old village. The exterior was refaced and new aisles (north Benjamin Ferrey 1856, south F. Digweed 1856). The core of the building is a norman nave and 13th century chancel. The arch into the vicarage is of c.1175 and came from Merton Priory.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- St John the Divine (Former), Bedford Hill, Balham now Burlington School of English.
- Grail Community Chapel (former), Waxwell Lane, Pinner now SPEC Retreat Chapel (Roman Catholic)
- Gray’s Inn Chapel, Gray’s Inn, Holborn
- Kings College Chapel, The Strand, Westminster
- Lincoln’s Inn Chapel, Lincoln’s Inn, Holborn