Built as the chapel of the College of God’s Gift for the actor Edward Alleyn in 1613-1616. It was designed by John Benson. As well as serving as a chapel for the Alleyn Foundation Schools and almshouses it has long held public services. The south aisle and gallery were added in 1823 by George Tappen. Many of the current furnishings were added by Joseph Clarke from 1850. The reredos is by W.D. Caroe from 1912. The font is by James Gibbs and dates from 1729. The tower was rebuilt in 1866 by Charles Barry. The chapel was re-ordered in 1976 with the screen lowered.
Home » Barry, Charles » Christ’s Chapel of Alleyn’s College of God’s Gift, Gallery Road, Dulwich