Visible across the Alleyn’s School playing fields, this is a large church of 1995 by L. Malcic of HOK . It replaced a previous church of 1892-1895 destroyed by fire in 1992. All that remains is a small section of wall in the associated hall and office area and the font. The spire is transparent and sits in the centre of the roof over the centrally placed altar. The interior is tall and light with intricate glass by Caroline Swash and a large modern organ. There is also a side chapel near the entrance from the foyer area.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Chapel (former), Mount Vernon Hospital, Rickmansworth Road, Northwood
- Christ the King, Balham High Road, Balham (Polish Roman Catholic)
- St Luke, Alpha Grove, Millwall, Isle of Dogs
- St Augustine (Former), Lillie Road, Fulham (Demolished, former Mission Church now a Day Nursery)
- St Barnabas, High Road, North Finchley, N12 8QJ