Famously shown in a painting by Pissarro. The church was designed by Lewis Vulliamy and built in 1827-32. In 1852 Edwin Nash added the chancel and in 1883 he widened the north aisle, most of which is now partitioned off as a hall area. The reredos was added by Henry Wilson in 1905.
Home » London Borough of Lewisham » St Bartholomew, Westwood Hill, Sydenham