A large church of 1878-1879 by H. Elliott. Inside the sanctuary is being used as a storage area and is curtained off from the current altar platform. The 3 single light windows in the side chapel are the final work of Wilhelmina Geddes, dating from 1951, the apse windows are by William Morris (no relation) of Westminster from 1954, all replacing older glass blown out in the war. A cartoon of the original apse windows is on show in the church. The one complete pre-war window is by Heaton, Butler & Bayne.
Home » Elliott H. » St Mildred, St MIldred’s Road, Lee
St Mildred, St MIldred’s Road, Lee
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- A Church Near You (CofE)
- Churches of Britain and Ireland
- Ecclesiological Society
- Essex Churches
- Greater London Churches – Flickr group
- Hertfordshire Churches
- Historic Churches of Greater London Facebook Group
- London Historians
- London Historians' Blog
- Lost Churches of London – Facebook Group
- National Churches Trust
- South London Church Reviews
- Southwark Diocese church finder
- St Thomas’ Hospital Chapel, Westminster Bridge Road, Waterloo
- Tyburn Convent Chapel (Shrine of the Sacred Heart and Tyburn Martyrs), Hyde Park Place, Bayswater Road, Bayswater (Roman Catholic)
- Kings Cross Church, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross
- Chapel, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Holborn
- Oratory of St Philip Neri (Brompton Oratory), Brompton Road, Kensington (Roman Catholic)
By zoothorn in Elliott H., Lee, London Borough of Lewisham on .