At the peak of a steep hill, this church was designed by George Lowe and Partners in 1959, it replaced a church of 1932 which still exists as a hall (and church in cold weather) hidden behind this church. The last few pictures show the interior of this building which had replaced another small early 20th century building. The lady chapel has a painting by John Hayward.
St Barnabas, Higher Drive, Purley
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- St David’s Home Chapel, Castlebar Hill, Ealing, W5 1TE
- Botwell Misson Hall, Golden Crescent, Hayes (Former) now housing
- Cathedral of St Mary (Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church Of The East), Westminster Road, Hanwell
- St John the Divine (Former), Bedford Hill, Balham now Burlington School of English.
- Grail Community Chapel (former), Waxwell Lane, Pinner now SPEC Retreat Chapel (Roman Catholic)