In the shadow of the Abbey and opposite the Houses of Parliament. It was built 1482-1523. The Nave was designed by the mason Robert Stowell and the tower by the mason Henry Redman. The tower was rebuilt by John James ion 1735-37 and there was a major restoration by George Gilbert Scott in 1877-78. The chancel was extended by Walter Tower in 1905-06 and J.L. Pearson added west and south-east porches in 1891 and 1894 respectively. The east window is Dutch from 1515-27.
St Margaret, Westminster, Parliament Square
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Chapel (former), Mount Vernon Hospital, Rickmansworth Road, Northwood
- Christ the King, Balham High Road, Balham (Polish Roman Catholic)
- St Luke, Alpha Grove, Millwall, Isle of Dogs
- St Augustine (Former), Lillie Road, Fulham (Demolished, former Mission Church now a Day Nursery)
- St Barnabas, High Road, North Finchley, N12 8QJ